- Need to create pressure for longer spells: NZ coach Hesson
Kolkata Sep 28 : New Zealand need to win more playing sessions in order to get a favourable result in the second Test starting at the Eden Gardens here on Friday, New Zealand coach Mike Hes..
- Rib injury extends Neesham's absence from Test series against India
Kolkata [India], Sept.28 : New Zealand all-rounder Jimmy Neesham has been ruled out of the second Test against India after failing to recover from a rib injury, which also forced him to sit..
- Anil Kumble pleased with Gambhir's Test return
Kolkata [India], Sept.28 : Welcoming the return of Gautam Gambhir in India's Test set-up after a gap of two years, head coach Anil Kumble on Wednesday emphasised that the experienced opener..
- Strike rate is for bowlers, not batsmen: Kumble
Kolkata, Sep 28 : Indian cricket team coach Anil Kumble on Wednesday said batsmen should not be too worried about the strike rate as it is for bowlers.
"I know there is a lot of talk about..
- Virat Kohli stays firmly on top of latest ICC T20I rankings
Dubai [UAE], Sept 28 : India star batsman Virat Kohli remained on top of the latest ICC T20I rankings , leading Australia's Aaron Finch by a huge margin of 49 points.
Only major changes ou..
- Kumble backs Pujara, says he is vital cog in India's wheel
Kolkata, Sep 28 (IANS) Backing top order batsman Cheteshwar Pujara, Indian head coach Anil Kumble on Wednesday described him as a vital cog in the side's wheel and asserted there was no pre..
- `Better fall in line, or else we will make you fall in line`, SC tells BCCI
New Delhi [India], Sept 28 : Launching a scathing attack on the Board of Control for Cricket in India for defying its orders on reforms in the cricketing body, the Supreme Court on Wednesda..
- Justice Lodha panel submits report to SC; accuses BCCI of stalling reforms
New Delhi [India], Sept 28 : The Justice Lodha Committee on Wednesday submitted its status report with the Supreme Court, accusing the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) of defyin..
- Suresh Raina shares heart-warming picture with daughter Gracia
New Delhi [India], Sept.28 : India's ace batsman Suresh Raina, who is usually seen indulging in some serious real-life sports drama, has recently shared with his fans, the soft side of him...
- No villain in my life, says Dhoni
New Delhi, Sep 27 : India's ODI skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who keenly awaits the release of "M. S. Dhoni: An Untold Story" -- a biopic by filmmaker Neeraj Pandey -- says at first he was ..
- Former Australia bowler Max Walker dies aged 68 after battle with cancer
Melbourne [Australia], Sept 28 : Former Australia seamer Max Walker has passed away at the age of 68 following a battle with cancer.
Walker, who represented Australia in 34 Tests, was a ke..
- Gautam Gambhir recalled for rest of New Zealand Test series
Mumbai [India], Sept.27: Indian opener Gautam Gambhir, who played his last Test match against England in 2014, has been recalled in the national squad for the remainder of the ongoing three..
- Riaz credits Arthur for instilling `fearless` approach in limited-overs
Karachi [Pakistan], Sept.27: Pakistan fast bowler Wahab Riaz has heaped praise on head coach Mickey Arthur, saying that the latter has instilled a "fearless" approach to the country's limit..
- Rain could play spoilsport in India-New Zealand Eden Test
Kolkata, Sep 27: The threat of rain looms over the second cricket Test between India and New Zealand at the Eden Gardens here with the India Meterological Department forecasting thundershow..
- Eden track will not turn much: Ganguly
Kolkata, Sep 27: The pitch at the Eden Gardens is not going to turn much during the second cricket Test match between India and New Zealand beginning on September 30, Cricket Association of..
- India, New Zealand cricket teams land in Kolkata
Kolkata, Sep 27: The India and New Zealand cricket teams arrived in the city on Tuesday evening for their second Test match at the Eden Gardens starting on Friday.
Both the outfits reached..
- Major setback for Proteas as De Villiers ruled out of Australia tour
Johannesburg [South Africa], Sept.27 : In a major setback to South Africa, skipper AB de Villiers has been ruled out of the upcoming home and away series against Australia after failing to ..
- Misbah urges cricketing world to embrace day-night Tests `quickly`
Melbourne [Australia], Sept.27 :Asserting that future belongs to the day-night Test cricket, Pakistan skipper Misbah-ul-Haq has urged the cricketing world to embrace the pink ball format "q..
- Jharkhand cricket body to select members through written test
Ranchi, Sep 27 : If you want to become member of the Jharkhand State Cricket Association (JSCA), affiliated to the Board of Control for Cricket in India, based in the hometown of India limi..
- India could reclaim No.1 Test spot after Eden Test
Dubai, Sep 27 : India will reclaim the Test rankings top spot from Pakistan if they manage to win the second Test against New Zealand starting on Friday at the Eden Gardens in Kolkata.