- Kohli goes by gut feeling, not conventional wisdom
From whichever angle India's Test series victory in Sri Lanka is seen, a new name crops up as a game-changer, making it a truly collective effort of the team.
The series was gripping right..
- Will stick to my methods and keep working hard: Rohit Sharma
Colombo, Sep 2 :India batsman Rohit Sharma said he would prefer to stick to his style of play and aim at working harder in the nets to become a better player.
The Mumbai batsman scored 202..
- Clarke pulls out of Melbourne Stars
Johannesburg, Sept. 2: Former Australian skipper Michael Clarke has pulled out of his contract with domestic Big Bash League ( BBL)team Melbourne Stars, saying his body and mind need time a..
- Tharindu Kaushal's bowling action comes under review
Colombo, Sept 02 : Sri Lankan off-spinner Tharindu Kaushal has been reported with a suspected illegal bowling action after the conclusion of the third Test against India at the Sinhalese Sp..
- Pujara enters top-20 of ICC Test ranking
Dubai, Sep.2 : Cheteshwar Pujara has entered the top 20 of the ICC Player Rankings for Test Batsmen following the conclusion of the Colombo Test, where India won by 117 runs to clinch the t..
- Narine open to Tests once action improves
Port of Spain (Trinidad), Sep 2: Embattled off-spinner Sunil Narine could soon be available again for the West Indies in the longest version of cricket but first wants to continue fine-turn..
- Windies' Dwayne Bravo receives Hummingbird Medal
Port of Spain (Trinidad), Sep 2: West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo has been presented with the Hummingbird Medal, Trinidad and Tobago's third highest award.
The medal was presented to B..
- Ex-Australian wicketkeeper Marsh urges change in no-ball rule
London, Sep 2: Former Australia wicketkeeper Rod Marsh has called for a change in the no-ball rule in order to protect the safety of umpires and allow better judging of lbw decisions.
- Modi, Sonia congratulate Indian cricket team
New Delhi, Sep 1: Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Congress president Sonia Gandhi on Tuesday congratulated the Indian cricket team for winning the test match against Sri Lanka and conseque..
- Inspirational Dhoni my prime motivator: Suresh Raina
Mumbai, Sep 1 () Indian cricketer Suresh Raina, who will next be seen in the upcoming episode of talk show “The Anupam Kher Show - Kucch Bhi Ho Sakta Hai”, considers 2011 World Cup winning ..
- Our batting flopped again, rues Lanka captain Mathews
Colombo, Sep 1: Sri Lanka skipper Angelo Mathews blamed their batting failure as the hosts slumped to a 117-run loss in the third and final Test of the series that India won 2-1 at the Sinh..
- Brilliant catching got me wickets: Ashwin
Colombo, Sep 1 () Indian cricketer Ravichandran Ashwin said that brilliant catching by his teammates during the three-Test series handed the off-spinner 21 wickets which eventually earned h..
- Tendulkar lauds India's historic Test series win over Sri Lanka
New Delhi, Sep 01: Batting legend Sachin Tendulkar has praised the Indian cricket team for securing a historic 2-1 Test series over Sri Lanka in Colombo on Tuesday.
India registered their ..
- Ishant, Chandimal suspended for one match each
Sep 1: India pacer Ishant Sharma and Sri Lankan wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Chandimal were suspended for one international match each for breaching ICC's code of conduct during the third Te..
- Virat Kohli replaces Finch as world number one T20 batsman
Dubai, Sep 01: India batsman Virat Kohli has eclipsed Australia's Aaron Finch as the number-one ranked batsman in the latest ICC Twenty20 International (T20I) Player Rankings, which were re..
- Virat Kohli credits bowlers for historic series win over Sri Lanka
Colombo, Sep 01: India captain Virat Kohli has lavished praise on his bowlers after his side secured a historic 2-1 series over Sri Lanka in Colombo on Tuesday.
India registered their firs..
- BCCI congratulates Indian cricket team
New Delhi, Sep 1: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) on Tuesday congratulated its team on winning the three-match Test series against Sri Lanka 2-1. This was India's first ser..
- Winning in Lanka after 22 years a magnificent milestone: Kohli
Colombo, Sep 1: An elated Indian Test skipper Virat Kohli on Tuesday said that clinching an away series against Sri Lanka after 22 years is a “magnificent milestone”.
India, who beat the h..
- My experience helped my comeback: Pujara
Colombo, Sep 1: Indian batsman Cheteshwar Pujara said his experience in international cricket helped him make an impactful comeback into the Test team, which eventually helped his side win ..
- India end 22-year away series win drought against Sri Lanka
Colombo, Sep 1: India on Tuesday claimed an away Test series win against Sri Lanka after 22 years as they clinched the decisive third match by 117 runs for a 2-1 triumph on the fifth day at..